First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world's largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data's Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a critical contribution to ensuring that First Data retains its position as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle. Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through their work in cyber-security
Position Description Overview
Sr Application Analyst to serve in the role of Site Reliability Engineer for Global Financial Solutions(GFS).
- Actively participate and improve lifecycle of services from inception and design through deployment, operation
- Support services before go live through activities like system design consulting, developing framework and software platforms for operational efficiency, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Operate and maintain services including best practices with monitoring, alerting tools
- Improve scalability of services using automation mechanisms
- Evolve systems by pushing for changes improving reliability
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
Scope of Job
Works on highly complex projects and issues within functional technical area. Coaches and leads less experienced IT staff and business managers. Provides leadership on projects.
- You have a firm understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- You're a strong, well-rounded engineer.
- You love debugging (and are good at it).
- You know your toolkit inside out.
- You can read code in your sleep.
Works more independently with IT functional units and business units. Recommends strategies for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements.