First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world's largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data's Operations and Call Center functions are focused on providing the outstanding client service, support and experiences that are critical to our ongoing success. Our Operations owner-associates are responsible for the stability of our global network infrastructure by helping our financial institution clients with various aspects of transaction processing, including statement management, card production and ticket-issue resolution. Our Call Center owner-associates are often the first point of contact for our business clients, and they play an important role in driving client satisfaction. They are responsible for answering questions and resolving problems on a wide range of issues, including account activation inquiries, potential fraudulent activity and our full range of products and services.
- Handles both inbound & outbound calls, which are widely varied in content and frequently requires deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone. May answer inquiries, resolve problems, and promote products/services.
- May receive and respond to customer service inquires via mail, fax, or email.
- May monitor systems to detect possible fraudulent behavior related to credit card usage and contact card holders to investigate possible fraud.
- Researches problem areas and documents processes used to correct issues.
- Customer service is the primary function, but may include minimal selling or promotion of products or services.
- Also may require additional knowledge including but not limited to, association guidelines, changes and procedures.
Scope of Job
Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting. Uses established procedures, but have the ability to deviate when needed, and requires only general supervision.
Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility. Evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required.