BHHC Internal Marketing Specialist, Representative or BHHC Senior Internal Marketing Representative
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Omaha, NE
BHHIC Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Insurance Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies, a group of property and casualty companies rated A++ by A.M. Best, has an immediate opening for a Marketing Specialist to represent our organization by visiting agencies to build and foster agency relationships in assigned territories.
- Acts as Marketing Specialist for assigned agencies. (Agencies assigned are those which are located more remotely and are not easily visited in person and agencies which are not performing at a level high enough to warrant physical visits from field representatives.) Contacts assigned agencies via phone or on-line conference on a regular schedule. Responsible for monitoring and fostering agency relationships with assigned agents. Provides marketing information to agents regarding product opportunities, how to transact business with Company and respond to basic inquiries on how to place various Property Casualty insurance products with the Company. Distributes regular agent communication regarding product changes and enhancements via e-mail. Â Â Â Â Â
- Completes and updates Customer Resource Management (CRM) software detailing agency call notes for each agent interaction. Gives feedback to their manager regarding submission activity, new business binds and renewal retention of their assigned agencies. (Agencies are located throughout the country within each of the geographical regions.)
- Assists underwriters with routine product-related questions which are directed to the underwriting team. Answers routine agency questions received from underwriting about risk acceptability to identify potential opportunities. Contacts the field representative responsible for the agent to advise them of the communication and opportunity.
- Follows up, at manager's request on submission activity from newly appointed agents to see if there are any questions about the process. Discusses with manager if there are any unresolved questions. Trains new agencies following initial bind via Webex on how to use Manage Your Policy using their newly bound policy. Maintains contact in the event the agent has further questions. Assists field representative by providing Webex training to agents on our on-line rating software as requested.Â Â Â Â
- May assist field representatives with appointing prospective agents by preparing Company appointment application and supplies information to Agency Licensing unit to prepare new agency contract. Obtains necessary agency licensing and producer information required for Company appointment process and assists in setting up login IDs and passwords.Â Â
- Communicates issues raised by individual agents and works with manager to troubleshoots common problems. Identifies and communicates changes in the marketplace regarding competitors, coverage forms, pricing, and other items which may come up to management and company underwriters.
- Performs related duties as directed or as situation dictates such as assisting other groups in various product marketing launches, attends continuing education classes or seminars for sales and marketing, etc.
- Bachelor degree business or related field or equivalent
- Personal computer related spreadsheet software
- 1-2 years related work experience (preferred)
- Principles of finance, business, statistics, and insurance (preferred)
- Knowledge of insurance and rating and insurance products (preferred)
- Insurance industry and marketing techniques (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent customer service
A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals
A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals.
| Date Posted
July 26, 2020
| Date Closes
August 25, 2020
| Located In
Marketing To Go
| SOC Category