Join our mission and help give the most precious gift of all...life!
We are looking for an experienced crisis counselor who is ready for a challenge!
We are expanding our Family Support department and are looking for another expert to join our team. Responsibilities will include supporting the family throughout the donation process while promoting and advocating for the donor recipients.
To be successful in this role you must have a passion for donation and be able to build trust quickly. Emotional, mental, and physical wellbeing is important to support our families while working in this high-intensity position.
This position requires a rotating on-call schedule of 24-hour shifts with additional extended work hours.
If you are resilient, dedicated, and emotionally energized by supporting others this opportunity could be the next step in your career.
- Initially offers the option for donation or notifies the family of the donor’s registry status.
- Guides family through the evaluation procedures, timing, and recovery process.
- Provides available and desired assistance to the family with funeral arrangements, grief support, and memory-making.
- Accurately completes authorizations, past medical and social history documentation.
- Coordinates all aftercare services.
- Requires regular evening, night, and weekend work with travel throughout Nebraska and Iowa, as needed.
- Effectively communicate with coroners, funeral homes, families, hospitals, and other internal departments.
- Requires the ability to work under stress with numerous interruptions, distractions, and changing priorities.
- Bachelor’s in Social Work, Psychology, Theology, or the equivalent Human Service field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in family/bereavement counseling, crisis intervention or case management is required.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
Live on Nebraska offers our team members a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including insurance and retirement benefits and paid time off. We want team members to feel empowered and appreciated in the workplace. We strive to provide team members with an environment that fosters growth, satisfaction, and creativity.
Live on Nebraska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Live On Nebraska