Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska is looking for a part time Camp Ranger for Camp Maha in Papillion, NE. The incumbent will work 20-25 hours per week during the school year and 35-40 hours per week in the summer.
1. Ensure camp grounds and buildings are maintained in a safe operating manner. Complete operation maintenance including but not limited to:
a. Ongoing maintenance of the grounds-mowing, tree trimming, weed control and trail maintenance.
b. Routine maintenance of grounds and building equipment, and camp vehicle as specified in the equipment maintenance manual.
c. Building maintenance to meet Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska service expectations for all troop and visitor camping.
2. Meet and greet all incoming troops, community visitors and guests in a warm and friendly manner. Provide camp safety and security for all overnight and day campers. This includes:
a. Review troop and guest rosters, check in/out procedures, key control, fire and general safety requirements.
b. Ensure camp site facilities are ready for visitors upon arrival.
3. Support program staff with daily operations for summer programs, special events, and weekend camp programs.
4. Maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Belief in values and mission of Girl Scouts.
- Experience in Park/Recreation Management, Natural Resource Management, or related field preferred.
- Proven carpentry, mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, and ability to adjust work schedule as required for the efficient operation of programs and facilities.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The ability to safely operate and maintain equipment, including a riding lawn mower and other light machinery.
- Ability to walk and ride over rough terrain
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Competent Microsoft Office skills.
- Clean driving record and insurable in accordance with Girl Scouts insurance policy.
- Valid motor vehicle operator license and unlimited use of vehicle.
- Obtain and keep current First Aid/CPR certification
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Climb a ladder > 50%
- Keyboarding/Writing 33%
- Raising Arms above Head >80%
- Sitting >33%
- Standing >80%
- Bending >80%
- Squatting >80%
- Lifting >80%
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace