Outreach Specialist- part time
Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska Omaha, NE
The Oureach Specialist manages the delivery of Girl Scout outreach programming, recruits and manages adult volunteers to deliver the programs, maintains grant records, and assists in developing grant reports. This position is part time, working 20 hours per week.
- Develop and implement Girl Scout outreach programming for underserved girls in Omaha area schools.
- Assess community demographics and needs, establish connections with school personnel and afterschool staff, and develop a program strategy for girl recruitment
- Develop program plans
- Launch Girl Scout outreach program
- Evaluate the program, track girl participation, and assess girl and volunteer satisfaction
- Recruit and manage adult volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with program delivery at assigned outreach sites
- Facilitate the Council’s background screening process with each volunteer prior to appointment
- Provide volunteer orientation and ensure that all volunteers receive volunteer policies
- Provide volunteer development opportunities and assess volunteer performance
- Work with Council’s Grants and Research Specialist to learn the process for maintaining records and the reporting process for the Spirit of Nebraska Council.
- Attend workshops and assist in gathering and preparing information for grant management and reporting
- Belief in the values and mission of Girl Scouts and willingness to join the Girl Scout movement.
- Bachelor degree in education, social work, recreation or related field or equivalent experience and training.
- Ability to work with positively and collaboratively with others in a diverse team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in staff and volunteer management and customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering programs for children and adults.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid motor vehicle operator license and unlimited use of vehicle.
- Clean driving record and insurable in accordance with Girl Scouts insurance policy
- Bilingual is desirable.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Keyboarding/Writing <33%
- Raising Arms above Head <33%
- Sitting <33%
- Standing <33%
- Bending <33%
- Lifting <33%
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
The Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free work place.
| Date Posted
November 6, 2018
| Date Closes
January 5, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
20 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
11-9151.00 Social and Community Service Managers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
This job is related other jobs in these career categories