Challenge Course Facilitator
Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska Nebraska City, NE
Challenge Course facilitators work varied schedules that can include days, evenings or weekends to facilitate the Challenge Courses at Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska camps. Facilitators will have a positive impact on the lives of Girl Scouts and members of outside groups that want to build teamwork, trust and confidence in themselves and/or their group. A Challenge Course session can range from 3-4 hours plus set up and clean-up time to 6-8 hours plus setup and clean-up. Specific times will be given on sign-up sheets.
- Daily opening and closing of the course, including inspection of the course, equipment, elements and environment.
- Conduct a safety orientation discussion and demonstration, including reviewing rules and techniques with the group.
- Facilitate the Challenge Course: Confidence, Low and High Elements.
- Properly instruct, demonstrate and safely guide guests through the course.
- Report incidents to the Challenge Course Manager and complete accident reports immediately.
- Fit guests in harnesses and helmets.
- Maintain and store equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Complete equipment and rope use logs on a daily basis.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
- Be a member or be willing to become a member of the Girl Scouts
- Due to accreditation requirements employees in this position must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully complete training and pass both a written and skills test.
- Hold a current certificate in First Aid/CPR, or obtain such a certificate prior to beginning employment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with parents, children, volunteers, staff and diverse communities.
- Interest in and understanding of youth and a desire to share in their out-of-doors experience.
- Must be able to work outdoors for long periods of time in diverse and adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently, self direct and exercise time management skills as well as good judgment.
- Be aware of and able to effectively handle health and safety procedures and emergency situations.
- Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills, initiative, creativity and flexibility, including the ability to evaluate and make changes as necessary.
- Must be able to work under pressure and handle stressful situations calmly and effectively.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service to our guests
- Must have regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Performance the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Raise arms above head <80%
- Standing <95%
- Bending <75%
- Lifting <75%
- Ability to bend, lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders, poles and tree
- Work seasonally from early June through mid August.
- Work weekends during the spring, summer and fall months, as needed.
| Date Posted
April 12, 2018
| Date Closes
June 11, 2018
| Located In
Nebraska City, NE
| Job Type
| SOC Category
39-9032.00 Recreation Workers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories