Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska Papillion, NE
Provides supervision and ensures a safe environment at the pool and other waterfront activities in keeping with the American Camp Association standards, Safety Activity Checkpoints and Red Cross requirements. Assist in the management to the physical operation of the facilities and equipment.
- Supervise and guard all waterfront activities, including surveillance during aquatic activities, provide rescues as needed, understands and implements appropriate responses to changes in weather or water conditions.
- Assists in leading swimming program instruction.
- Assists in swim tests and clarifies swimming abilities of camp staff, campers and guests.
- Cares for the use of all waterfront equipment.
- Assists with the opening and closing of the pool daily.
- Complete pool maintenance, cleaning, program preparation and lifeguarding.
- Observes all safety precautions and complies with all council health and safety rules and procedures.
- Must have belief in the mission and values of Girl Scouting
- Current, or ability to obtain, Lifeguard certificate from the American Red Cross or equivalent.
- Hold a current certificate in First Aid/CPR, or obtain such a certificate prior to beginning employment.
- Due to accreditation requirements employees in this position must be 18 years of age or older.
- Exercise judgement in anticipating and preventing accidents, react quickly and appropriately in emergencies.
- Be aware of and able to effectively handle personnel problems, health and safety procedures and emergency situations.
- Ability to handle stress effectively and know when to seek guidance and support.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with children, parents, volunteers, staff and diverse communities.
- Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills, initiative, creativity and flexibility, including the ability to evaluate and make changes as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and exercise time management skills.
- Willing to work in a camp setting and work irregular hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable under the Girl Scouts policy. Access to reliable transportation. Daily and/or occasional travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Sitting: 33% - 66%
- Standing: 33% - 66%
- Bending: 33% - 66%
- Lifting: <33%
- Perform repetitive motions: 33% - 66%
| Date Posted
February 15, 2018
| Date Closes
April 16, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
33-9092.00 Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories