Behavioral Sciences Analyst
Job Title: Behavioral Sciences Analyst
Location: Omaha, NE- In office, not remote
TPG is a purpose-driven innovation organization offering solutions in business advisory, customer experience, forward leaning technology, and analytics. TPG partners with companies to equip, engage, and empower them to act strategically to improve customer experience.
TPG is currently the leader of independent, third party quality assurance for customer experience and interaction management to Fortune 500 businesses.
TPG delivers predictive intelligence, analytical reporting, and hands on assessments by applying data sets to our proprietary, AI based assessment and reporting platform. By developing individualized quality performance goals alongside our clients, we deliver impactful results.
As a Behavioral Science Analyst in TPG’s Behavioral Sciences Team you will be responsible for the quality control of data collection, observation, and evaluation of interactions between clients and customers, and the documentation of these interactions. You will be expected to analyze interactions between clients and customers by listening and observing voice, email, and interactive chat mediums, accurately evaluating and scoring these interactions and providing accurate and scalable product deliverables.
Behavioral Science provide valuable insight by contributing strategic inputs to client deliverables and by supporting work stream requirements. Behavioral Science Analysts are expected to accurately evaluate interactions and provide accurate analysis of data outputs based on information provided via the AI Platform and Compendium. Behavioral Science Analysts must demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop a clear understanding of TPG’s Compendium applications, evaluation processes and supporting the development of product deliverables.
It is important for Behavioral Science Analysts to demonstrate an eagerness and willingness to learn and understand Compendium Applications and all related product deliverables. It is critical for Behavioral Science Analysts to appreciate and understand how Compendium and all associated applications are deeply rooted across TPG Product Offerings. You will be responsible for working with and supporting team members on the creation of products utilizing the various Compendium Applications. Data integrity and accuracy is crucial to the successful delivery of these client products which directly influence and drive client ROI.
- Understands TPG's CX Platform and how their role integrates and supports all facets of our business
- Leverages Ideal Conversation Platform, On-Demand reporting, and data health reports to diagnose and solve for any data discrepancies in their delivery
- Understands the story of the data and how they contribute to our ability to deliver both our Human Diagnostic and Dynamic AI
- Completes all of their analysis in a timely manner with limited oversight
- Be receptive to coaching and professional
- Support Behavioral Science Team on work stream and client deliverables
- Meet both individual and team revenue and sampling goals each month
- Ability to self-diagnose work to ensure accurate and consistent scoring
- Participate in all scheduled development activities including calibrations, feedback sessions, training, special projects, etc.
- Actively utilize TPG's software suite to create a proficiency in the products that we market
- Understand TPG's product offering and how to apply them
- Responsible for the accurate collection of information, analyzing data and the evaluation of that data
TPG Business Relationships
- Ensures the health and accuracy of their analysis by fully understanding their client's business and Evaluate Compendiums
- Provide client related support to contribute to the strategy for your client
- Understand and remain current on knowledge of client's programs and goals
- Utilize voice, chat and email media, observe and accurately evaluate interactions between clients and customers
- Responsible for observing, gathering, and evaluating customer and client interactions via various mediums
Interpersonal and Communication Skillset
- Create professional and positive lasting connections with colleagues, clients, and partners alike, who interact with TPG
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to craft and deliver clear written communication, with great attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Personal accountability
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- A strong work ethic that will enable the delivery of revenue each month
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Presentation and verbal communication skills
Living TPG’s Mission
- Fulfill TPG’s Mission
- Effectively deliver our Mission, both internally and externally
- Participate in professional growth opportunities, training sessions and performance evaluations
Living TPG’s Core Values
- Demonstrate TPG’s Core Values
- Live out TPG values and hold teams accountable to do the same
- Engage in short and long-term business goals by providing insight and innovative solutions to leadership
- Develop plans and ensure delivery of our systematic processes
- 2+ years work experience/education
- High school Diploma or GED
Additional Qualifications Preferred
- Associate degree, bachelor’s degree or technical school coursework preferred
- Experience in Telecommunications, Healthcare, Financial and/or International markets
- Competitive Salary
- Tremendous Opportunities for Upward Mobility
- Positive People Culture & Work Team Environment
- The Behavior Science Analyst has no direct reports
- Sitting and standing for long periods may be necessary
- Move around the office, use of hands for typing
- Ability to hear and see, read from computer monitor
- Ability to travel if required (limited)
TPG EEO Statement, 2020: TPG is a company that has been built on diversity and disruptive strategy. At TPG we support, accept, and embrace differences. 24 years of success has been a direct result of our diverse people-culture model. At TPG we believe that individuals should be hired and promoted based on aligning qualifications, merit, experience, and professional acumen. TPG does not discriminate against applicants or existing employees based upon age, color, creed, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or breast-feeding, veteran status and/or any other basis protected by law. TPG is a company that believes in fostering creativity, innovation, and success by offering a safe, non-threatening environment in which our employees, products and clients can thrive.
It is TPG’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity regulations. TPG’s Founder & CEO, Executive Staff, our Board of Directors and Advisors strongly advocate, support, and stand behind this EEO Policy and our Affirmative Action Obligations. As leaders in our market space, we adhere to these standards, not only because it is enforceable under the law, but because it is inherent to our core values. Our leadership team believes in building a strong corporate enterprise lead by a strong moral compass and leaders that follow it. If you join our team, we expect you to do the same.