The Intake Coordinator is responsible for screening incoming program members by obtaining initial demographic and historical information through telephone, face-to-face interviews, and reviewing collateral information and interpreting substance abuse assessment measures when necessary. The Intake Coordinator assists with obtaining authorizations for program members through various funding sources, and assesses clients for appropriateness of program referred for and referring to another level of care if necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or a related field, and at a minimum a Provisional Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (PLMHP), with a preference being for co-licensure as a Nebraska State Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) or Provisional Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (PLADC).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Ability to gather and organize data for presentation in a comprehensive and understandable form.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Skills in written communication to include generating correspondence, summarization of interviews, reports, and data interpretation.
- Ability to handle a large volume of telephone calls.
- Acquire and maintain certification in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, conduct pre-admission interviews that give complete demographic and historical information as well as insights on prospective program members.
- Compile intake data and complete intake procedure for the youth Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility and Adult Residential programs.
- Provide complete and accurate information to prospective program members and their families about the residential treatment programs at NOVA TC.
- Establish a working relationship with referral sources and facilitate the exchange of information.
- Work in conjunction with the other Intake employees and Clinical Director in collecting and organizing data regarding program members.
- Maintain complete and accurate records on each program member to include gathering of previous treatment records.
- Assist Case Managers in obtaining authorization for funding through communicating with Medicaid, Magellan Behavioral Health, or other funding organizations.
- Maintain confidentiality of clinical records and program member identifying Information in accordance with Federal Confidentiality Regulations and HIPAA.
- Assist with the compliance of all applicable Federal, State, local and agency regulatory laws, standards and policies.