NOVA Treatment Community is a residential substance use and mental health facility that has separate programs for adults and adolescents. NOVA TC is in search of full time Registered Nurses in our adolescent program.
The Registered Nurse will provide medical support services in conjunction with NOVA TC’s Lead Nurse, Medical Practitioner and consulting Psychiatrist. These include the supervision and monitoring of medications, preparation of nursing histories on residents, scheduling and assisting the completion of admission physical examinations, routine follow up medical care, and providing medical recommendations for the treatment plan.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska.
- Two years experience in the field of substance abuse and mental health preferred.
- Knowledge of the physiological and psychological effects of substance abuse.
- Knowledge of licensing requirements relevant to health standards.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of state standards on medication administration.
- Ability to complete and maintain accurate records.
- Acquire and maintain certification in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Complete nursing histories and nursing assessment of new program members in assigned areas.
- Coordinate physical examinations with the Lead Nurse and coordinate follow-up medical care.
- Monitor, maintain and supervise medication inventory in assigned areas.
- Provide medications directly to program members or delegate function to appropriately trained staff.
- Monitor general health status of program members in assigned areas.
- Document pertinent medical information in program member’s file and program logs.
- Assess medical emergencies and take appropriate measures, including providing first aide and contacting emergency services when necessary.
- Communicate health concerns and observations to the Lead Nurse and staff members.
- Participate in case reviews and utilization reviews by providing relevant medical/nursing information.
- Provide direct nursing care as needed.
- Initiate and/or complete nursing assessment on youth returning from “running away” in the absence of the Lead Nurse.
- Facilitate health/medication teaching opportunities with staff, program members and program member’s families.
- Coordinate follow-up care with outside resources as needed.
NOVA Treatment Community, Inc.