Family Support Worker
NOVA Treatment Community, Inc. Omaha, NE
If you are looking to gain experience in social work, NOVA Treatment Community has the perfect job for you. NOVA TC currently has part time positions for Family Support Workers. This position schedule is flexible and includes working weekdays, weekends and evenings.
The Family Support Worker works directly with families to strengthen the family and prevent family dissolution, or facilitates the return of children who have been placed out of home using the ecological approach of hte interdependence of thie child, family and broader community environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Two years experience working with children and families preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to discern discrepancies.
- Ability to keep complete and accurate records.
- Knowledge of the theories of early child growth and development.
- Ability to manage crisis situations.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Acquire and maintain certification in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Valid driver’s license three points or less and a driving record that meets agency insurance standards.
- Have and maintain the minimum automobile liability and medical insurance coverage as required by law.
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with families to help them cope more effectively with the stresses of daily like by the introduction of new support systems, and by connecting them to community resources.
- Coordinate times, locations and dates of family support sessions.
- Provide transportation when necessary help the family meet stated family support goals.
- Teach and model parenting skills using an evidence based model. Provide introduction of parent-directed activities including daily living activities such as curfew, consequences and chores.
- Provide written progress notes to report the progress of the family towards stated goals.
- Be on time for family support sessions.
- Attend family team meetings and actively participate with the family team.
| Date Posted
February 14, 2020
| Date Closes
April 14, 2020
| Located In
In-Home Safety Services
In-Home Safety Services
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
21-1029.00 Social Workers, All Other
Yes - 75
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Resolution
- Strong Flexibility / Adaptability
- Strong Work Ethic
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid Certification
- Infant / Child CPR Certification
- Social Worker
This job is related other jobs in these career categories