Human Resources Assistant
NOVA Treatment Community, Inc. Omaha, NE
NOVA Treatment Community is hiring a full-time Human Resources Assistant to work Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for assisting the Chief Human Resources Officer with recruitment, hiring, training and various personnel tasks and duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associates Degree in Human Resources preferred. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two years prior human resources assistance experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software and Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to type 50 WPM.
- Ability to prioritize work, multitask and utilize individual and team oriented problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of personnel file systems.
- Create and maintain personnel reports, documents and spreadsheets.
- Enter employee demographic information into Electronic Health Records database.
- Complete phone screening interviews and schedule face-to-face interviews with applicants.
- Complete and submit background check paperwork on all potential new hires and employees when required.
- Assist in the facilitation of New Employee Orientation and annual employee trainings.
- Complete employment paperwork with all newly hired employees.
- File and assure all current, up to date information is maintained in personnel files.
- Complete monthly employee OIG and SAM exclusion database checks.
- Prepare appraisal paperwork and distribute to program Supervisors or Managers.
- Schedule quarterly CPR and First Aid trainings.
- Provide backup transcription and other typing duties as assigned.
- Assist the Chief Human Resources Officer with various projects as directed.
- Provide back-up support to the front desk Receptionist by monitoring front entrance and answering calls when needed.
| Date Posted
February 13, 2020
| Date Closes
March 31, 2020
8502 Mormon Bridge Road
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
43-4161.00 Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Credit Union
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
- Merit Increases
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories