Overnight Service Worker
NOVA Treatment Community, Inc. Omaha, NE
NOVA TC has full-time and part-time Overnight Service Worker positions available to provide awake, overnight coverage for NOVA TC’s facility. The position is responsible for conducting facility checks, administering medications, facilitating crisis intervention, monitoring program members, completing paperwork, conducting audits of clinical records and ensuring the safety and integrity of NOVA TC and its program members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associates degree in psychology, sociology or related human services field preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent and two years experience required.
- Ability to stay awake and alert during the entire scheduled shift.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Ability to manage crisis situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to relate to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must have an eye for detail and an ability to discern discrepancies.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet transportation needs of program members.
- Acquire certification as a Medication Aide through the state of Nebraska during the probationary period and maintain certification.
- Acquire and maintain certification in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Conduct random and frequent facility checks, i.e., room searches, head counts, alarm checks, bed checks, etc.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Administer and control medications as prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency policy and procedure.
- Make accurate and thorough entries in the daily green sheets and facility logs.
- Provide shift up-date reports, verbally and in writing, to the next shift staff.
- Manage any crisis that may come during the overnight shift and make appropriate and timely reports to the Overnight Supervisor or Clinical Director.
- Ensure that program members adhere to all facility program rules and daily scheduling requirements.
- Audit, track audit corrections and file documentation in clinical records and place in storage as directed.
| Date Posted
September 9, 2019
| Date Closes
November 8, 2019
8502 Mormon Bridge Road
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $13.25 - $13.75
| SOC Category
21-1099.00 Community and Social Service Specialists, All Other
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Wellness Program
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories