NOVA Treatment Community, Inc. Omaha, NE
The Classroom Teacher works at making knowledge accessible to all students; developing students’ cognitive capacity and respect for learning; fostering students’ self-esteem, motivation, and sense of civic responsibility by providing one-on-one and group instruction/ educational/ vocational services for students within residential programs in a multi-categorical classroom setting. Working with other educational staff to facilitate an active learning environment, providing input towards the evaluation of students for special needs, assisting in the process of collaboration with home school districts to develop Academic Advancement Plans and continuing special needs and/or continuing Individualized Educational Programs for students within State guidelines, and maintaining all required educational paperwork.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current Nebraska Teacher Certification (6-12 grade): Bachelors Degree in Education preferably with endorsements in any or all of the following: Behaviorally Impaired, Behaviorally Disordered, Specific Learning Disabled, or Resource Special Education at the secondary level
- One to three years classroom experience
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience of the Nebraska Department of Education and related special education policies/procedures
- Able to implement effective classroom management techniques
- Able to supervise and ensure timely completion of academic testing
- Ability to establish effective rapport with students and other staff to function as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency insurance standards.
- Facilitate individualized education of students of varied ages and abilities.
- Implement effective classroom management techniques.
- Assist in the supervision of the daily routine of students involved in residential programming.
- Utilize and maintain approved curriculum materials.
- Ensure timely completion of academic testing.
- Develop site based curriculum under the supervision of the Principal.
- Provide classroom modifications needed to accommodate IEPs.
- Maintain educational records including assisting in preparation of transcripts and educational discharge paperwork, documenting daily performance on program logs, and maintaining records of student attendance.
- Collaborate with the Home School Liaison (as defined in Rule 18) to implement Academic Advancement Plans.
- Maintain a working schedule to facilitate the needs of all Academic Advancement Plans within the classroom.
- Collaborate with other agencies to provide for the educational and vocational needs of the students.
- Determine the current academic performance abilities of students through testing, observation, and collaboration with home school districts & team members.
- Uphold the Standards of Conduct and Ethics for holders of Public School / Teaching Certificates.
| Date Posted
August 14, 2019
| Date Closes
October 13, 2019
8502 Mormon Bridge Road
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
25-3099.00 Teachers and Instructors, All Other
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Credit Union
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories