Adult Service Worker
NOVA Treatment Community, Inc. Omaha, NE
NOVA TC has full-time Adult Service Worker positions available in NOVA TC's Adult Residential program.
The Adult Service Worker is directly involved with licensed or provisionally licensed employees in the provision of education and resocialization skill training for the treatment of individuals displaying a variety of addictive and personality disorders and behaviors related to alcohol and drug use according to the philosophy and treatment methods of the Therapeutic Community. The Adult Service Worker functions as the primary leader, teacher and parent figure in the treatment milieu. The Adult Service Worker is also a front-line role model or the means by which program members can come to terms with and overcome maladaptive and/or dysfunctional patterns of perception, thought, and behavior.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate's Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Human Services or related field is preferred. High School Diploma or GED and two years experience in human services field required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate to individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to intervene into and safely manage crisis situations.
- Ability to keep complete and maintain accurate clinical records. Ability to effectively facilitate a combination of treatment activities, i.e., group therapy, individual and family therapy, didactic presentation, and skill development training.
- General knowledge of treatment theory and techniques associated with therapeutic interventions specific to the Therapeutic Community treatment model.
- Knowledge of the 12-steps of recovery.
- Knowledge of the psychological/physiological effects of chemical dependency on human behavior.
- Knowledge of the ASAM-PPC-2 Dimensional Criteria and its application to continued treatment, discharge planning, and decision to discharge.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet transportation needs of program members.
- Nebraska Medication Aide certification or ability to become Medication Aide certified through the state of Nebraska.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of a therapeutic environment that fulfills the physical, emotional, social, and behavioral needs of the program members.
- Provide on-site supervision of program members and ensure that all treatment activities occur as scheduled.
- Maintain an accurate clinical record that documents program member’s service needs, treatment plans, progress and discharge planning utilizing agency format and standards for clinical record management.
- Help facilitate group, individual and family therapy activities with licensed employees.
- Conduct didactic activities relative to addiction and recovery.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in Case Review meetings.
- Administer and control medications when prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency procedures and training.
- Assist with the compliance of all applications Federal, State, local and agency regulatory laws, standards and policies.
- Assist in the supervision of program members in treatment activities, including housekeeping activities, group facilitation, recreation and leisure time activities in order to insure an environment that is conducive to the physical, emotional and social well-being of all program members.
- Ability to meet the transportation needs of the community.
| Date Posted
August 28, 2017
| Date Closes
September 30, 2017
8502 Mormon Bridge Road
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $12.25
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
21-1011.00 Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Credit Union
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories