Business Banking Manager
Great Western Bank Lincoln, NE
Business Banking Manager
1235 N Street
Responsible for development and maintenance of commercial loan portfolios, with the goal of providing maximum profitability with minimum risk. Accountable for coordination of individual deposit development activities and strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building multiple relationships with existing customers.
1. Responsible for managing a portfolio of business clients and is accountable for net client growth, risk management effectiveness, customer service and profitability. Responsible for building and managing a business banking Team.
2. Ensure applicable lending policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for adherence to applicable compliance regulations.
3. Develop and manage customer relationships to include all types of business banking and deposit products and services and maximize long-term customer satisfaction through aggressive cross-selling efforts to satisfy customers' financial needs.
4. Conducts interviews with customers to establish financial needs emphasizing financial counseling and lending, and processes requests or will make appropriate referrals.
5. Analyze credit and financial information for customers. Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, abiding appropriately to established guidelines and procedures. Has the authority to approve or deny accounts.
6. Responsible for credit quality of individual portfolio.
7. Performs and documents complete interview with customers while obtaining and providing all required documentation as applicable to loan process.
8. Establishes and/or maintains customer database files.
9. Initiate sales and cross-sell full range of banking services to present and potential customers.
10. Proactively market clients and prospects; represent Business Banking in the local banking and business communities; and develop a network of referral sources.
11. Initiate and maintain relationships and connection with clients and prospects to generate ongoing Business finance opportunities.
12. Participate with business development activities and customer call program. Personally call on customers and prospects.
13. Completes loan process through closing by working within fairly standardized methods/processes and utilized standard rates as outlined by the bank.
14. Monitor customers' repayment activity. Responsible for handling early detection and identification of past due accounts. Responsible for credit quality of individual portfolios.
15. Prepare annual personal business plan and strives to meet or exceed the goals and objectives set by the company.
16. Facilitate customer satisfaction and retention by successfully researching and resolving customer issues and inquiries.
17. Maintain knowledge of competitor products and services, including pricing of deposit and loan products, fees and other charges in the market. Recommend changes to bank management with an objective of maintaining competitiveness and profitability for the bank.
18. Assist in the development of a teamwork concept within the bank to ensure effective selling of bank products/services with the objective of proactively responding to customers total banking needs.
19. Ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with established procedures and regulations.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, finance, or related area, or equivalent experience required. Five to ten years of commercial lending or related experience with a minimum of five years in business banking management. Working knowledge of all bank products and services. Direct sales and business development experience to businesses. A solid background in business banking products and services. Strong sales, communication, cross-selling, sales planning, mathematical, decision-making, customer service and analytical skills. Capability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. Effectively utilize and manage time to accomplish sales goals on a consistent basis. Excellent customer service skills a must. Ability to maintain confidentiality required. Knowledge of office operations with a strong computer aptitude required.
| Date Posted
September 6, 2019
| Date Closes
January 4, 2020
| Located In
| Work At
| Job Type
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories