Mortgage Processor II
Great Western Bank Sioux Falls, SD
The Mortgage Loan Processor II is responsible to prepare and process residential mortgage loan files from application through approval. This will involve obtaining all necessary documentation as well as ensuring compliance with bank, regulatory, secondary market and investor guidelines.
1. Review and verify each file to ensure that all information is correct and current.
2. Order credit reports, title commitments, surveys, appraisals and homeowners insurance from the appropriate parties and reviewing them for acceptability.
3. Prepare loan file submission to underwriting.
4. Act as a liaison and maintaining communication between Mortgage Loan Originators, Underwriters and Closers that are involved in the transaction to meet expected Service Level Agreements for processing.
5. Prepare and mail Adverse Action Notices and reviewing Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data when applicable.
6. Demonstrate understanding of loan processing, procedures, documents, basic underwriting requirements, government insured and agency requirements and terminology of processing systems.
7. Respond to and resolves customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
8. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. 3 to 5 years of recent processing experience in the residential mortgage industry required.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Conventional, Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veteran's Administration (VA), Rural Development (RD) loan programs and guidelines, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) and the Truth In Lending Act (TILA) regulations required.
4. Knowledge of First Time Homebuyer programs in South Dakota, Iowa and/or Nebraska is a plus.
5. Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
6. Knowledge of mortgage lending products and terminology required.
7. Must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
8. Detail oriented and discreet with confidential information.
9. Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office Word and Excel desired; experience with mortgage software such as Encompass preferred.
| Date Posted
September 29, 2018
| Date Closes
January 27, 2019
| Located In
Sioux falls, SD
| Work At
| Job Type
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories