Great Western Bank Mobridge, SD
The Banking Associate Trainee is a development trainee position will provide key foundational banking principles to develop banking, sales and management skills. Incumbent may be responsible for working with branch staff for the first 6 months of the program learning and experiencing key job duties needed to run a successful branch. The second half of the 12 month program will typically focus on Credit, Ag or Commercial lending.
The individual will be assigned to a branch location. This program is typically 12 months in length before the individual is moved to another position within Great Western Bank.
1. Assists and prepares credit spreads for loan requests. May provide assistance with preparing loan documentation for loan closing.
2. Develops an understanding of cash management tools.
3. Handles confidential matters, along with miscellaneous projects, establishes confidential records and maintains files.
4. May rotate through job duties of the teller and personal banker roles to gain understanding of key branch roles.
5. Attends sales visits and customer calls with manager or business banker. May be asked to independently make sales calls and bring in new loans once familiar with processes and procedures.
6. Recognizes selling opportunities and effectively cross sells bank products and services. Refers business where appropriate.
7. Acknowledges/prioritizes multiple customer demands to provide maximum service to all customers.
8. Performs other duties as requested.Qualifications / Experience :
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Finance, Accounting or related field with an interest and/or experience in banking field.
2. Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
3. Strong attention to detail with good communication, customer service, analytical and sales skills
4. Strong desire to build relationships within the Great Western Bank organization and effective working relationships with co-workers.
5. Self-starter with demonstrated initiative; leadership potential.
| Date Posted
August 18, 2017
| Date Closes
December 16, 2017
| Located In
| Work At
| Job Type
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories