Business Banker III
Great Western Bank Fargo, ND
Responsible for the development and maintenance of midsized to large commercial loan portfolios, with the goal of providing maximum profitability with minimum risk. Must effectively communicate underwriting and credit decisions, and properly explain and document those decisions. Accountable for coordination of individual deposit development strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building relationships with customers.
1. Responsible for independently managing a portfolio of business clients and is accountable for net client growth, risk management effectiveness, customer service and profitability. Ability to identify loan, deposits and fee income.
2. Ensure applicable lending policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for adherence to applicable compliance regulations.
3. Develop and manage midsized to large customer relationships to include all types of business banking and deposit products and services and maximize long-term customer satisfaction through aggressive cross-selling efforts to satisfy customers' financial needs.
4. Conduct interviews with customers to establish financial needs emphasizing financial counseling and lending, and processes requests or will make appropriate referrals.
5. Analyze credit and financial information for customers. Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, abiding appropriately to established guidelines and procedures. Has the authority to approve or deny accounts.
6. Perform and document complete interview with customers while obtaining and providing all required documentation as applicable to loan process.
7. Initiate sales and cross-sell full range of banking services to present and potential customers.
8. Proactively market clients and prospects; represent Business Banking in the local banking and business communities; and develop a network of referral sources. Demonstrate understanding of cash flow of customers.
9. Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
10. Register and obtain a unique identifier number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System as a Mortgage Loan Originator as well as keep the license in force by submitting updates when personal information changes and to complete the annual renewal of the license.
11. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related area, or equivalent related experience required.
2. Seven plus years of commercial lending or related experience required.
3. Working knowledge of all bank products and services. Direct sales and business development experience.
4. Strong sales, communication, cross-selling, sales planning skills.
5. Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
7. Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
| Date Posted
August 7, 2017
| Date Closes
December 5, 2017
| Located In
| Work At
| Job Type
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories