Project Manager I
Great Western Bank Sioux Falls, SD
The role of the Project Manager I is to provide services incorporating strategy, design, development, delivery, maintenance, implementation, and support of project & portfolio management solutions to meet business needs according to plan and within the established budget (when applicable). Project breadth consists of single/multi project streams with most projects lengths between 0-6 months and a team size of 5-15 people.
1. Lead and coordinate resources required to implement and deliver small to medium size projects of low to medium complexity.
2. Responsible for initiating, managing, and closing the projects and all processes such as quality/control, scope, eliciting and documenting business and technical requirements, coordinating quality assurance testing, communication, stakeholder management, people leadership, knowledge harvesting, and change and benefits management.
3. Responsible for a stand-alone project or work directly for a Program Manager on a larger-scale organizational-wide program.
4. The range of initiatives will span from a single project within a line of business in a single region through to working across lines of business and functions across multi-regions, as well as from a single vendor through to multiple vendors with multiple and competing offerings.
5. Professional use of project management disciplines and the Projects in the National methodology and tools is mandatory to ensure the initiatives are aligned to organizational strategy and values and the achievement of agreed costs and benefits.
6. Responsible for behaving in accordance with GWB's Code of Conduct and demonstrating the Enterprise Behaviors in all customer, community, and employee interactions.
7. Conform with all internal operating procedures relevant to the position.
8. Provide overall accountability for business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans, operational management processes and success of project.
9. Provide professional and ethical behavior in your actions by ensuring compliance with external legislation, bank standards, and internal operating policies and procedures relevant to the position.
10. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Finance, or related area or equivalent experience required.
2. 1 - 2 years of banking or other financial industry experience required with core banking software systems experience highly desired.
3. Basic understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and processes across the project lifecycle. 1 - 2 years of complete lifecycle project management experience highly desired.
4. Strong communication (written and verbal) skills. Must be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
6. Effective time management skills. Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure with limited supervision and within a diverse team environment
7. Must have excellent analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze complex problems and propose practical solutions.
| Date Posted
July 21, 2017
| Date Closes
November 18, 2017
| Located In
Sioux falls, SD
| Work At
| Job Type
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories