Title: Unit Director (School Based)
THIS IS BRAND NEW CLUB THAT IS CURRENTLY BEING BUILT AND SCHEDULED TO OPEN IN AUGUST 2018!
Department/Level: Unit Level/Management Team
Reports to – Title of Supervisor: Chief Professional Officer
Pay Status: Full time, exempt
Date of Last Revision: Nov. 7, 2017
The Unit Director is directly responsible for the management of daily operations and programs for the Club/Unit. Primary concern being: program development and implementation, resource / budget management, recruitment, selection, development and supervision of assigned staff and program volunteers; facility management; community relations, school relations at the school and district level for a Club located inside a school and designated resource development.
- Strongly suggest a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience is required.
Knowledge of principles and practices related to:
- Management of Club operations.
- Principles of youth development.
- Community relations.
- Relationship building and partnerships
- Financial and budget management.
- Information technology systems.
- Recruitment, selection, development, management and evaluation of staff.
- Program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships and public relations with multiple partners.
- Business communications.
- Resource/budget management.
- Follow Through
A minimum of two years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar experience in organizational planning and supervision of activities based on the development needs of youth. Must have considerable knowledge of the policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs or of the principles and practices of similar nonprofit organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Internal: Maintain contact with Club / Unit Team, BGCM Administrative Team members, Board of Directors, Club staff, volunteers, and club members.
External: Maintain contact with school personnel, external community groups, parents, key district school officials and others as required.
Environmental and working conditions:
- Majority of work time is spent in a Club setting during late afternoons and evenings. Limited city and out-of-town travel is required.
- Some weekend work required.
Physical and mental requirements:
- Maintain a high energy level.
- Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Speak clearly and listen attentively.
- On your feet a majority of the time
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Meet the eligibility requirements for operating Club vehicle(s).
- Successfully completes annual physical and drug screening.
- Have been accepted in or is in the process of obtaining acceptance in to the Academy of Boys & Girls Club Professionals at the Management level.
The information presented indicates the nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this position.
|Date Posted||December 1, 2017|
|Date Closes||January 30, 2018|
|Address||7902 N. 36th Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Work At||Florence Boys & Girls Club|
|Function||Responsible for the overall operation on the Club.|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, $36,000.00 - $56,000.00, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||50+ this is a salaried exempt position hours per week; Hours are adjusted during the summer. Hours are also adjusted for days when school is not in session. Some weekends and evenings are necessary|
|SOC Category||11-9151.00 Social and Community Service Managers|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories