The Skinner Magnet School After School Program is working to create partnerships which provide opportunities and support services that lead to improved student learning and the development of stronger families. These learning centers will provide a fun environment for youth after school while learning. The Program Instructor will be an employee of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands, but will also work in parternship with the Collective for Youth. This will be a part-time position with afternoon and evening hours during the school year and morning and afternoon hours during the summer session.
The Program Instructor will work with the Site Coordinator to implement services, activities and curriculum, monitor particpants, provide tutoring and academic assistance and work with outside agencies to offer enrichment and family literacy activities. The Program Instructor will plan and assist with implementation of activities on a day-to-day basis. The Program Instructor will work with the Site Coordinator to implement evaluation measures to ensure collection and maintenance of data in support of the evaluation component of the project.
Requirements: Successful candidates for this position preferably have completed 60 hours toward a post secondary degree, preferably in education or a related field.
Experience: Knowledge of building community partnerships and youth and family development. Proven skills in leadership, group facilitation, coordinating, communication, advocacy and data collection.
Reports to: Site Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises students and assists with parents and volunteers
1. Serve as advocate for youth and families
2. Deliver academic, enrichment abnd literacy programs to youth and their families
3. Develop relationships and partnerships with BGC, Skinner School staff and community partners
4. Assist Site Coordinator in development of lesson plans
5. Responsible for data collection to provide to Site Coordinator
1. Design, plan and facilitate activites with groups of 2-60 youth
2. Identify and seek to make available programs and services that meet the mission and goals of the Collective for Youth
3. Collect and set-up equipment needed prior to the beginning of class.
4. Supervise all particpants to ensure a safe and organized program in and on grounds and on field trips
5. Handle discipline challenges and follow policies and procedures
6. Assist with the planning and facilitation of special projects and events
7. Maintain community service resource information to promote available opportunities
8. Develop and maintain public relations strategies that increase the awareness and utilization of the Collective for Youth
9. Attend all site staff meetings, unless excused by your supervisor
10. Attend all staff development trainings
11. Maintain current records of participant activities, time and other paperwork
12. Clean up assigned areas nightly; Assist in maintaining attractive, healthy surroundings, and ensure the classroom, equipment and materials are kept in good condition
13. Assist in service of snacks/meals to youth; assist in associated set-up and clean up activities
14. Perform other related work as required
Before employees can start work. they will be required to pass the appropriate background checks and drug screening.
Due to the large number of resumes and applications received, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications. Candidates who meet specific qualifications will be contacted during the course of the search.
Interested parties should send their resumes and cover letters to Sherry Dukes at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Date Posted||September 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 27, 2017|
|Address||4304 N. 33rd Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Work At||Skinner Magnet School|
|Department||Skinner Magnet School After School Program|
|Function||The Program Intructor plans & delivers a variety of programs & activities to members of the Skinner Magnet School After School Program. These positions work with 1st through 6th graders|
|Job Type||Part-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $10.00 - $11.25, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
Monday thru Friday from 3-6:30pm
|Hours||up to 15 hours per week hours per week|
|SOC Category||25-9041.00 Teacher Assistants|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories