Under the supervision of the CIO, the ITSS is responsible for ensuring the responsibility for supporting the operations:
- Support network servers, workstations, VoIP phone systems for all of the technology programs in Clubs;
· Provide network and workstation installation, updates, and maintenance including the installation of images and software on computers
- Support the implementation of the organizational technology program for all members and staff;
- Support program outcomes delivery; technology support as needed for all units, locations, and outreach programs.
- Configure and support Club information systems and data functions, including the implementation, configuration, testing and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- Provide ongoing support for the Club's Local Area Network (LAN) and interface with outcomes delivery, accounting, fundraising, and donor systems.
· Provide appropriate end user training such as IT Orientations and other trainings as needed.
· Provide support to coordinating technology projects related to the above responsibilities.
Working toward an Associate or bachelor’s degree in an information systems field of study or education/experience equivalency, or a certification in a relevant computer technology with some relevant computer experience.
Have excellent computer software and technical skills with an advanced level of analytical and problem solving skills. Advanced knowledge of computer software including Windows Server, Office 2007, SharePoint, client-server network, SaaS, Windows desktop solutions, Apple Mac hardware/software, and youth technology program implementation
Some experience in information technology systems support, including Local Area Network administration, wide area networking, digital content creation for print and online presence, including music, video, and photos, preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to work independently as needed while part of a team under limited supervision.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize work requests to deliver the highest level of support of technical resources.
· Assist local and remote staff with inquiries in a timely manner by maintaining service levels as defined by Information Technology Director.
· Answer technical support inquires and provide problem resolution or forward inquiries to the Information Technology Director to provide a solution.
· Be proficient in recording all support requests; including categorizing, prioritizing, and documenting the problem and resolution completely.
· Assist in the research and recommendation of new technology systems as directed by Information Technology Director
· Assist in the configuration, testing, debugging and installation of new technology systems as directed by Information Technology Director
· Perform special projects or assignments as required by Information Technology Director
· Provide support and operation for the corporate audio/video conferencing systems
· Provide IP Phone and voicemail configuration, delivery, and support as needed.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the maintenance of the asset inventory/library of Information Technology resources including hardware, software, and licenses.
· Assist in the maintenance of upgrades for currently installed software as directed by the Information Technology Director.
· Assist in the orientation of employees within the organization as to usage of technology systems and services.
· Provide appropriate end user training and other trainings as needed.
· Assist in the development and implementation of member technology programs at each location; ensures preparation and completion of any required documentation.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, members, parents, volunteers, community groups, and other related groups.
· Initiate support requests to vendors as needed according to vendor maintenance agreements; as assigned.
· Provide recommendations to Information Technology Director for organizational needs and satisfaction as appropriate.
· Assist in maintaining appropriate access to software application for users.
· Inform the Information Technology Director of inappropriate computer software use, so systems are not abused and the organization does not lose data integrity.
· Adhere to published organizational policies and procedures as described in Boys & Girls Clubs of Omaha’s Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
Environmental and working conditions:
Normal internal office/Club environment. The individual selected for this position must be able to stand on your feet and sit behind a computer for periods of time; have a flexible schedule to accommodate late evening, early morning and weekend work as needed and have a valid driver’s license.
Physical and mental requirements:
Ability to apply reasoning skills to a wide range of computer problems, systematically identify and define problems, evaluate alternative solutions, and recommend effective solutions. Ability to interact with co-workers or public in person and by telephone. Ability to exchange, clearly and concisely, ideas, facts, and/or technical information with others. Physical requirements include frequent standing, sitting, walking, lifting 20-50 lbs., reaching and manual dexterity skills to operate computer. Occasionally may stoop/squat, crawl/crouch, pull/push, twist trunk/neck climb, and grasp or squeeze with right and left hand in completing required tasks of position. Communications skills necessary for this position include speech, vision, hearing and reading comprehension. Somewhat essential for successful performance include writing skills and depth perception.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to LaVelle Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org