Easterseals Work Incentive Specialist
Visiting Nurse Association Omaha, NE
Work Incentive Specialist
Location: Omaha, NE
Easterseals Nebraska is currently seeking a full time detail-oriented, self-motivated Work Incentive Specialist.
This Work Incentive Specialist position will serve newly formed BRIDGE project, which serves transition age youth with disabilities (and their families) through the delivery of individualized disability benefits planning services in the Douglas and Sarpy County areas. This position will be responsible for ongoing case management and facilitation of wraparound supports to ensure each youth’s achievement of future education and employment goals.
Typical duties include:
- Collect and review a comprehensive profile of personal demographics, healthcare and disability benefits status, work/educational goals and other essential information.
- Assess the real or potential impacts of employment and/or other changes on youth’s state and federal disability benefits and overall financial well-being.
- Provide guidance and support when applying for adult benefits or going through a scheduled medical review for Social Security disability benefits.
- Provide information about community resources available to the transition-aged youth and parent/caregiver, if the need has been identified.
- Meet with the youth, their family and any provider or support system involved to educate them about state and federal work incentives, strategies and available resources to facilitate decision-making and goal development.
- Develop a comprehensive, long-range plan for monitoring and managing state and federal benefits and use of work incentives. The monitoring and managing system will address the desired benefit and work incentive outcomes, related steps or activities necessary to achieve the outcomes and associated dates or time frames.
- Maintain individual service records, outcome data and other relevant records.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information.
Degree in vocational rehabilitation or related field preferred.
- Obtain the VCU certification for Benefits Planning Services. This will be completed once employed. Travel may be required for this 5-day training.
- Experience providing services to Transition Age Youth ages 14-21.
- Strong interviewing and communication skills.
- Ability to interpret state and federal laws, regulations and administrative codes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Some travel necessary with own personal vehicle.
- Evening work may be required.
If you are interested in working for an organization that offers a flexible schedule, independent work environment, as well as true job satisfaction, then VNA/ESN is for you. Our staff members are dedicated to providing the best care for our patients/clients.
Join our winning team today!
| Date Posted
April 12, 2018
| Date Closes
June 11, 2018
12565 West Center Road Suite 100
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
21-1015.00 Rehabilitation Counselors
Yes - 50
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Continuing Education Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Wellness Program
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Requirements Gathering
- Cognitive Coaching
- Disability Specialist
This job is related other jobs in these career categories