Responsible for processing retail sales transactions for customers. Provides professional and courteous customer service to Goodwill retail customers. Responsible for distribution and rotation of goods on and off the sales floor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and assists customers in a courteous, professional, and helpful manner.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques
- Maintains a clean and organized retail production environment
- Assist with the cleaning of store, including restrooms, dusts, sweeps, mops, etc.
- Appropriately uses and stores Goodwill tools, equipment and property
- Required to attend monthly store meeting and in-service training when scheduled
- Accurately complete and maintain necessary reports and/or forms and submit in a timely manner
- Assist co-workers and customers in a courteous, professional, and helpful manner
- Reports known/suspected security and/or theft problems (internal and external)
- Knowledgeable of and ensures compliance of Goodwill policies and procedures and WearHouse processing methods
- Performs simple maintenance duties as required
- Must be able to work flexible hours as required in order to meet operational needs of the store
- Meets or exceed daily goals in assigned areas
- Assist with the distribution of processed goods to the sales floor
- Assist in the rotation of blue bins off the sales floor and to the designated area
- Salvages store items that have not been sold within the predetermined time frame, or as instructed
- Picks up items from floors and returns them to appropriate sales areas
- Meet or exceed the attendance expectations for this position
- Actively maintain a safe, healthy, and positive environment that promotes the physical and emotional well being of employees, customers and participants.
- Performs other duties as assigned
INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Personally participate in ongoing cross training opportunities, education and development as well as supporting others in their efforts to
- Working relationship with supervisor and co-workers
- Must be a positive role model for co-workers/programs participants and customers
- Must be adaptable to change
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, goal oriented, and team oriented environment
- Educate customers and the community about the mission and vision of the organization.
- Demonstrate the Goodwill core values through actions and words.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- GED or High School Diploma preferred
- Minimum typing speed of 40wpm preferred
- Knowledge of computer applications preferred
- Customer service experience required
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Production or manufacturing experience preferred
- Bi-lingual (Spanish-English) skills preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Background check required for store key holders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time with continuous lifting, some pushing/pulling
- Must be able to work in a production environment
Medium - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Involves walking or standing most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling.
Moderate - Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
See Job Description