Youth Counselor-Reception Center
Child Saving Institute Omaha, NE
To provide a safe, therapeutic environment for juveniles served in the Reception Center.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervision: Maintain visual supervision and supervise youth at all times.
- Assessment: Complete thorough individualized assessments of all youth.
- Structure: Maintain integrity of the program structure and ensure the therapeutic environment of the program by helping youth understand legal process and process feelings and by providing positive learning opportunities and experiences for the youth. Adhere to contractual requirements.
- Relationship Building: Develop and maintain effective therapeutic relationships by treating youth with respect, providing positive feedback, and displaying empathy.
- Therapeutic Intervention: Provide therapeutic intervention. Identify and use opportunities for teaching life skills.
- Documentation: Effectively communicate written information throughout shift to establish and maintain an accurate record of services to each youth. Maintain accurate records needed by agency (e.g., incident reports).
- Professionalism: Promote a professional, positive work environment by reporting to shifts, trainings, and meetings on time, by following agency protocols, and by being flexible to meet client and program needs.
- Residential Ecology: Implement agency policies and procedures and accreditation standards, and maintain a clean and aesthetic environment.
- Crisis Management: Handle crises using Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) and other techniques in a way that positive therapeutic relationships are maintained. Document crisis situations according to agency policy and procedure.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 21 years of age.
- Knowledge in: child abuse and neglect, juvenile justice system, child development, behavior management and verbal and physical intervention.
Apply online at childsaving.org
| Date Posted
January 14, 2019
| Date Closes
March 15, 2019
4545 Dodge Street
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
| Start Date
| SOC Category
21-1012.00 Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
This job is related other jobs in these career categories