Nurse Aide Instructor
Clarkson College Omaha, NE
Teach Nurse Aide Course and/or the Medication Aide Course and other Professional Development health care courses utilizing a college or state of Nebraska approved curriculum.
REPORTS TO: DIR, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
DIMENSIONS: Class size varies; clinical courses are a 1:10 ratio; ratio may be less dependent on the class and/or the experience.
PARAMETERS/WORK DIRECTION PROVIDED: Operates within guidelines established by Director, Professional Development and the state of Nebraska. Significant independence at clinical sites.
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience required.
- Minimum of six months experience teaching nurse aide, medication aide or other related health care courses OR minimum of six months experience supervising nurse aides or nurses required.
- Associates degree in nursing required.
- Excellent communication and instructional skills required.
- Theoretical and clinical competency required. Ability to work with a varied population of individuals required.
- Ability to multi-task while in classroom and at clinical site required.
- Proficient in use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Proficient in use of classroom equipment (computer, projector, electronic bulletin board, TV and DVD player) required.
- Proficient in use of office equipment (files, duplicating machine, fax machine, telephone) required.
- Proficient in use of medical facility equipment (mechanical bed, wheelchair, patient lifts, etc.) required.
- Current State of Nebraska RN license or compact agreement state RN license required.
- Current American Heart Association certification in Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers required.
- Current valid motor vehicle operators license required.
- Ability to meet and maintain insurability requirements as defined by the fleet automobile liability insurance carrier required.
- One year or more experience working in a long term care facility or with a geriatric population preferred.
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
| Date Posted
September 8, 2019
| Date Closes
November 7, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories