Start your civil engineering career with Kirkham Michael! This entry-level full-time position located in the Cheney or Ellsworth, Kansas office will be focused on Construction Engineering field assignments. The candidate will work under the direction of a senior team member and receive specific instruction for required tasks and project components. You will provide construction administration over a wide variety of construction projects which could include, urban streets, highways, bridges, airports, pedestrian/bicycle facilities, sign installations, water distribution systems, sewage collection systems, pump stations, and much more. Instruction in project documentation and use of construction management software programs will be provided as you begin to apply engineering education to practical construction engineering solutions.
This is an opportunity to really challenge your critical thinking with a significant opportunity for career growth in the booming construction engineering industry. Kirkham Michael is a growing company with great benefits. Join us today!
Assignments will be tailored to the course work completed by the intern and may include:
- Performs standard computations or analysis
- Observes and documents construction activities
- Assist others to interpret plans and contract specifications
- Assist with laboratory and field materials testing
- May perform infrequent basic survey services
- May perform infrequent bridge inspections in the field and assist with generating inspection reports
- Assists on other tasks such as: preparation of permit applications, equipment management, personnel management, sizing of culverts for drainage
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering OR currently enrolled as a senior at an accredited university majoring in Civil Engineering
- 0-6 years of experience; experience in construction engineering a plus
- Professional Engineering License a plus
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of civil engineering to construction projects
- High level of energy, great at problem solving
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Successful candidates will be focused on building a career with our team with professional presence, solid decision-making, planning and organizational skills
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record required
For more information or to apply, please see our website at http://www.kirkham.com.
Kirkham Michael is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other