International Assistant Account Executive
NEI Global Relocation Omaha, NE
NEI Global Relocation (NEI) is a full-service relocation and international assignment management company providing worldwide workforce mobility services and talent mobility solutions. Our exemplary performance is recognized frequently and consistently by HRO Today and Trippel Survey and Research LLC as one of the top performers in the relocation industry.
NEI prides itself on its financial stability, focus on accuracy and fiscal responsibility, ethical standards of excellence and independence from formal supplier affiliations. NEI offers a great work/life balance and has been recognized in 2014 and 2015 as a Best Place to Work in Omaha by The Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce for companies with 201 or more employees.
The International Assistant Account Executive is responsible for backing up the International Account Executive, coordinating the global assignment services/relocation process with supplier partners and internal departments and preparing appropriate and accurate documentation.
- Provide assistance to the International Account Executive as a liaison with all supplier partners from the initiation of services through completion, to include follow-up as needed. Primary supplier partner services include:
- Visa & Immigration, Area Orientation, Home Finding, Property Management, Household Goods Movement & Storage, Language and Cultural Training, Global Banking, Temporary Living, Insurance & Security and Tax Equalization & Preparation
- Assist with the coordination of all global services, follow up with supplier partners and assignees to ensure satisfaction, and make any necessary modifications.
- Audit and arrange for correction of any errors or discrepancies with:
- All supplier partners utilized for global mobility services including estimates from supplier partners, follow-up reports, evaluations sent from supplier partners, and all invoices received throughout the assignment.
- All documentation received from the assignees, such as visa and immigration documents.
- Provide back-up phone support for the International Account Executive.
- Prepare appropriate internal and external communications and distribute once reviewed and approved:
- Internal: team and weekly status reports, follow-up tasks for all services, bill payment requests, memos, etc.
- External: International Welcome Packets, global assignment service authorizations to supplier partners, documentation to the assignee regarding origination and destination services, monthly reports, bonus letters and cost of living reports for clients.
- Maintain assignee files in an orderly fashion; coordinate with International Account Executive, as needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely records and data entry in Orbit.
- Participate in special projects as necessary and perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong desire to serve others.
- Experiences living and/or working abroad is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook, as well as general database use.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and manage last minute requests.
- Able to work with numbers quickly and accurately.
- Fluency in more than one language is helpful.
- Dependability, flexibility and reliability is required.
| Date Posted
September 21, 2018
| Date Closes
October 21, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
40 hours per week; Weekdays
| SOC Category
43-4051.00 Customer Service Representatives
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Profit Sharing
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Free Parking
- Health Club Membership
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Unpaid Leaves of Absence
- Wellness Program
This job requires the following skills
- International Business Specialist
- Microsoft - Outlook
- Microsoft - Word
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Team Member
- Problem Resolution
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position