The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Reviews all information submitted on residential mortgage loan applicants to ensure all documentation is complete and meets all requirements. Initiates and maintains contact with clients throughout the processing period. Submits loan through a desktop underwriting system (secondary market loan) and meets all conditions required by the automated loan origination system. Calculates debt-to income and loan-to-value ratios and assembles a complete documented file for submission to underwriting within established timeframes. Prepares early disclosures and meets all desktop underwriting conditions to ensure documentation meets secondary market requirements.
Works with loan officer to establish closing dates and meets standards for closing percentages of loans processed. Performs final review of completed applications packages and prepares files for approval. Alerts underwriter to produce Decline/Withdrawal letters and assists underwriting with reason(s) for action. Maintains necessary records to ensure compliance with HMDA reporting requirements and follows up with title companies for receipt of recorded documents. Closes loans following company, investor, federal and state requirements.
Associate Degree in related field
- Automated Underwriting and Loan Origination systems
Works in a temperature controlled office environment Qualifications
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Experience in/with residential mortgage lending of first mortgages sold on the secondary market.
Extensive experience in processing conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans.
Experience in/with processing second mortgages and home equity lines of credit
- Analyzing reports and completion of forms
- Working with math concepts including fractions, ratios, statistics, etc.
- Processing in-house first and second mortgage loans as well as HELOCs
- Resolution of underwriting issues
- Working with secondary market vendors in regard to the purchase of loans
- General ledger entries and balancing
- Analyzing mortgage loan credit package (income, assets, credit and collateral)
- Packaging loans for sale in the secondary market
- Reconciling loan purchase advise from investors in regard to the purchase of loans
Demonstrated skills in/with:
- Analyzing and problem solving
- Organization and planning
- PC software applications including Word and Excel
- Maintaining accurate records
- Mortgage loan products, services, pricing, tax and regulatory issues
- Mortgage loan processing and closing procedures
- FCRA, ECOA, HMDA as well as other state and federal regs regarding the extension of credit
- Communicate with others in a work environment, clients, loan originator, etc.
- Adhere to mortgage loan processing and closing procedures
- Assist in the development of loan processing procedures
- Work effectively with it and software vendors in regard to application processing systems
- Complete detailed tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Work flexible hours including after hours and weekends
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.