OrthoNebraska is searching for a Surgical Technologist to join our Surgery Department. OrthoNebraska knows our Surgical Technologists play a vital role in our Operating Room, providing expertise and assistance during our orthopaedic surgeries. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
1.0 FTE/40 hours
Monday - Friday; 4 (10hr) shifts per week
- Must be a graduate of an accredited technical program or previous on the job training in surgical technology.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Previous surgical experience preferred
- This position is classified as Medium Work in the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, requiring the exertion of 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
What you would do in this role:
- Maintain a sterile field during surgical procedure through consistent application of aseptic technique.
- Preform scrub duties in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
- Prepare for cases according to Surgeon Preference Card.
- Set up cases and obtain all supplies and equipment.
- Focus and anticipate surgical team members’ needs during surgical procedures.
- Actively participate in “tear down” and /or turnover of the operating room following cases.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility by performing scrub duties for a variety of orthopaedic surgical procedures.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and recommended practices pertaining to the use, care, and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Participate in Performance Improvement process and utilize results to improve patient care.
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an accredited technical program or previous on the job training in surgical technology.
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) encouraged, but not required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an operating room.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) with 60 days of hire
- Must have the ability to interact with patients, physicians, and other team members in a collaborative manner.
- Able to perform calmly and professionally during crisis or emergency situations.