OrthoNebraska is currently seeking a Patient Access Representative to join our team! This position assists our patients with check-in processes, medical record documentation, and insurance verification. This casual position will provide coverage to OrthoNebraska clinic locations: Sarpy & Aksarben. The use of Casual/PRN staff will fluctuate depending on the need of the department and does not have a set and/or promised amount of hours per week. ?If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you will do in this role:
- Provide exceptional customer service through face to face and phone interactions
- Accurately and efficiently register patients and verify insurance eligibility in a timely manner
- Collect time of service and account balance payments from patients in a professional manner
- Direct patients and guests to appropriate setting
- Aid with internal and external incoming calls, and transfer to the appropriate departments
- Utilize interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers in the daily performance of duties
- Regularly attend and actively participate in meetings
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate respect for patient rights
What makes an ideal candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
- Understanding of medical software, such as Cerner or Intergy, strongly preferred.
- Customer service and computer experience.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Understanding the revenue cycle including insurance payers, billing, and collections is beneficial.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments while meeting our customer’s demands and deadlines.
- Participation by all members to support the team environment.