The CT/X-Ray Technologist position provides a variety of imaging exams, radiography and CT to our Emergency, Inpatient and Outpatient departments.
** Weekend Shift Differential, Holiday Pay, Call Pay**
What you would do in this role:
- Performs quality CT/XR exams, to acquire appropriate images and accurate diagnostic information for interpretation by a supervising radiologist.
- Perform the minimal required safety evaluations on the CT and Radiographic systems by following established policies and procedures to detect problems.
- Ability to analyze and position the patient to image the required anatomy for optimal results.
- Responsible for starting IV’s on patients requiring contrast.
- Utilize special techniques as required to enhance visualization of the anatomy.
- Prior to beginning the examination, assess the ability of the patient to comply with the physical requirements of the examination and explain the examination to the patient.
- Perform the minimal required safety evaluations on the radiographic systems by following established policies and procedures to detect problems that could cause equipment to fail or pose a safety hazard to the patient / staff.
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an A.M.A. approved radiologic technology school.
- Minimum one year of CT imaging experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Specific experience and training in CT Scanning preferred.
- ARRT Certification.
- BLS Certification.
- Ability to manage and interact with patients and families of all age groups.
- Work experience in a hospital Diagnostic Imaging department setting preferred.
- Ability to obtain optimal Radiographic Images for diagnosis by Radiologist.
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Ability to communicate effectively with referral sources and co-workers.
- High Level of Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy required.
- Proficiency with most major CT equipment manufacturer's hardware and software (GE, Shimadzu).
- Ability to cover call and/or weekend coverage as needed
- Able to perform a variety of imaging procedures, including CT/XR procedures. Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Display a high level of confidentiality and professionalism when working with various personalities and in a team setting.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact and communicate with patients, physicians and other team members in a collaborative manner.
- Function as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs.