OrthoNebraska currently looking for a team member who is detail-oriented and has a customer service philosophy to fill a position in our Surgery Scheduling Department. This individual is responsible for, scheduling surgeries, communicating with other departments, using critical thinking for problem solving and other duties as assigned in a fast-paced environment. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you will do in this role:
- Schedule appointments for surgical procedures.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Manage inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Identify customer’s needs, clarify information, and utilize resources to provide solutions and/or alternatives.
- Collect and enter required patient demographic information with accuracy to register patient accounts.
- Utilize interpersonal skills with all customers in the daily performance of duties.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment, as well as other departments, to achieve defined goals.
- Regularly attend and actively participate in meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate respect for patient rights.
What makes an ideal candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a healthcare or call center environment, and/or knowledge of Medical Terminology is encouraged.
- 2- 3 years of prior customer service.
- Must be detail-oriented, with effective communication skills, and the ability to utilize creative problem-solving.
- Previous experience with medical software, such as Cerner, is helpful.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments using critical thinking while meeting our customer’s demands and deadlines.
- Participation by all members to support the team environment.