OrthoNebraska is searching for a Surgical Technologist to join our Surgery Department. OrthoNebraska knows our Surgical Technologists play a vital role in our Operating Room, providing expertise and assistance during our orthopaedic surgeries. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you would do in this role:
- Maintain a sterile field during surgical procedure through consistent application of aseptic technique.
- Preform scrub duties in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
- Prepare for cases according to Surgeon Preference Card.
- Set up cases and obtain all supplies and equipment.
- Focus and anticipate surgical team members’ needs during surgical procedures.
- Actively participate in “tear down” and /or turnover of the operating room following cases.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility by performing scrub duties for a variety of orthopaedic surgical procedures.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and recommended practices pertaining to the use, care, and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Participate in Performance Improvement process and utilize results to improve patient care.
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an accredited technical program or previous on the job training in surgical technology.
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) encouraged, but not required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an operating room.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) with 60 days of hire
- Must have the ability to interact with patients, physicians, and other team members in a collaborative manner.
- Able to perform calmly and professionally during crisis or emergency situations.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.