Our client is seeking a Lead Therapist to join their stellar team. The ideal candidate will have vast expertise in adolescent assessment, treatment, and therapeutic family interventions; as well as possess familiarity with evidence-based practices. Show casing a high level of detail oriented and organizational skills, team-orientated, and ability to meet deadlines is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Mental Health (MH) team staff at Douglas County Youth Center (DCYC) to provide therapeutic services, optimizing accessibility to mental health services for youth.
- Conducts a comprehensive intake assessment when appropriate.
- Conducts individual suicide assessments and reassessments as necessary, provides subsequent recommendations to MH team members and DCYC staff.
- Determines whether client needs mental health, substance abuse, and/or family therapy; determines needed level of care; refers to appropriate level of care.
- Provides services including coping skills training, problem solving and stress management education through individual, group, and family consultation.
- Provides counseling to individuals and families in group or individual settings, monitors progress.
- Handles cases involving adolescent and family issues of increasing complexity.
- Provides consultation and training to DCYC staff including training, education on indicators to assist in early recognition of problem areas, and assistance to staff in implementing transition plans for youth.
- Assists MH team in monitoring and managing DCYC environment to maximize safety and prevent crisis situations.
- Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed.
- Refers to other Agency programs and other community services, as necessary upon discharge; follows up with Case Manager to complete referral.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Meets clinical requirements of third-party payers (authorizations, reviews, documentation) and provides information necessary for prompt and accurate billing.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Coordinates care when provided by multiple practitioners.
- Completes all case documentation for clinical and billing purposes.
- Maintains clinical records, meeting established standards of timeliness and completeness.
- Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics, and other requirements.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency and DCYC.
- Maintain an advanced clinical practice, meeting assigned productivity standard and meeting relevant documentation timelines in their own work.
- Assist Program Director and Associate Clinical Director in implementing program changes to meet fidelity, contract, audit, or other requirements.
- Provide supervision of clinical interns and/or other assigned staff with licensure related supervision needs.
- As assigned, provide orientation to newly hired therapists.
- Provide backup/crisis availability in assigned location.
- As designated, review evaluations and other clinical documentation to ensure appropriateness and training progression.
- Cooperate and collaborate with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abide by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies and requirements.
- Develop personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Creates, maintains, and shares an appropriate dynamic self-care plan.
- Strives to make connections between the Agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the Agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work.
- Three years or more experience with Child Welfare Services or Juvenile Services.
- LMHP or LCSW required; LADC preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Durham Staffing Solutions