Our client is seeking to add a Business Banker to their team. This individual will be responsible for the development and maintenance of midsized to large commercial loan portfolios, effectively communicating underwriting and credit decisions, and coordinating individual deposit development strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building relationships with customers.
- Responsible for independently managing a portfolio of business clients and is accountable for net client growth, risk management effectiveness, customer service and profitability.
- Ensure applicable lending policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for adherence to applicable compliance regulations.
- Develop and manage midsized to large customer relationships to include all types of business banking and deposit products and services; and maximize long-term customer satisfaction through aggressive cross-selling efforts to satisfy customers’ financial needs.
- Conduct interviews with customers to establish financial needs, emphasizing financial counseling and lending; and process requests or make appropriate referrals.
- Register and obtain a unique identifier number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System as a Mortgage Loan Originator; as well as, keep the license in force by submitting updates when personal information changes and to complete the annual renewal of the license.
- Analyze credit and financial information for customers. Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, abiding appropriately to established guidelines and procedures. Has the authority to approve or deny accounts. Lender is responsible at all times for the maintenance of the portfolio’s credit quality. This includes the proactive, early identification of deteriorating credits and the ongoing management of problem loans that remain in the portfolio.
- Perform and document complete interview with customers, while obtaining and providing all required documentation as applicable to loan process.
- Responsible for new business development. Initiate sales and cross-sell full range of banking products and services to present to potential customers.
- Proactively market clients and prospects; represent Business Banking in the local banking and business communities; and develop a network of referral sources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related area, or equivalent related experience required.
- Four to seven years of commercial lending or related experience required.
- Proficiency in commercial analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Direct sales and business development experience.
- Strong sales, communication, cross-selling, and sales planning skills.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
Durham Staffing Solutions