Our client is seeking a Member Service Representative to join their growing team. This individual will be responsible for processing transactions and member inquires over the phone while promoting the organizations products and services. This is a great way to jump start your career, as it holds potential to promote within!
- Provide unparalleled service to both internal and external members in accordance with the organization’s Service Promises.
- Create and/or develop relationships with internal and external members.
- Serve members by identifying needs, recommending products and services, and performing functional duties efficiently and accurately.
- Process transactions and member inquiries over the phone.
- Identify red flags and adhere to security procedures to protect members and the organization from fraudulent activity.
- Provide overall support to the Account Services department.
- Basic technical support of electronic banking channels and payment processing, including but not limited to:
- Assist external members with mobile and online banking self-enrollment and password resets.
- Resolve member inquiries regarding debit card transactions and account history.
- Properly transfer members who have advanced needs and/or need to be escalated to additional support staff within the department and/or organization.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year customer service experience; call center or technical trouble-shooting experience via telephone preferred.
- Must be able to accurately enter data and key numbers at 70 keystrokes per minute.
- Capability to type while speaking and/or listening on the phone for the majority of work time.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with members, staff, and other business contacts.
- Ability to respond appropriately to sensitive inquiries or problems, and present solutions and/or technical recommendations as needed.
- Must be able to effectively access and interpret computer screens, documents, reports, various computer operating systems and browsers and mobile devices.
- Knowledgeable in BSA and compliance requirements enforced on the credit union by state and federal law as applicable.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment and sit for an extended period of time.
Durham Staffing Solutions