Our client is seeking a President and Chief Executive Officer to lead their growing team. The ideal candidate will possess an innovative and entrepreneurial sprit, coupled with ten years’ progressive experience in executive leadership within the human service industry. This is a wonderful opportunity to utilize your governance expertise while truly making a difference within the community.
Board of Directors:
- Prepare a chart of administrative organization of the Organization for Board review and approval.
- Prepare quarterly Dashboard reports and an annual report for the Board of Directors.
- Provide orientation about the Organization for new members of the Board.
- Arrange for staff services to all committees of the Board.
- Guide the Board in formulating, reviewing and revising all Organization policies and practices.
- Provide information and leadership to the Board to keep them informed about changing community needs and contemporary social issues.
- Provide for a Strategic Directions planning process by which the Board of Directors and staff can plan for the Organization’s future program direction, property needs and financial resources.
- Guide the development of values, mission, and vision of the Organization for approval by the Board of Directors and implementation throughout the Organization’s Programs and Core Competencies.
- Assure that the personnel affairs of the Organization are conducted in accord with its Affirmative Action plan, EEO policy, and Personnel Policies.
- Provide for the appointment, performance reviews, promotion and recognition of all staff.
- Supervise the Vice President of Development, Vice President of Finance, Vice President of Legal and Support Services, Vice President of Program, and the Executive Assistant.
- Provide for the development, implementation and maintenance of high quality services and professional standards for the Organization.
- Provide for the evaluation of service programs in accordance with Organization standards, the Council on Accreditation, and program funder requirements.
- Provide for appropriate service statistics for program monitoring and reporting to funding sources and Board of Directors.
- Lead the Organization in the development of new partnerships and collaborations for the delivery of human services.
- Provide for appropriate support services and facilities.
- Oversee a budgetary process by which an annual budget is developed and future budgets are projected.
- Assure that the Organization’s budget, financial reports and annual audit are submitted to the Board of Directors in a timely manner.
- Manage the entire Organization within budgetary limits.
- Provide leadership in the recruitment, development and growth of donor relationships and financial contributions from key individuals, congregations, United Ways, foundations, corporations, and communities.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the Organization’s Corporate Members and key constituencies.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the Organization.
- Represent the Organization within the community at local, state, and national levels.
- Advocate for the poor, disenfranchised, children, and families with the Nebraska Legislature and other citizens.
- An advanced degree in a Human Services related field, Not-For-Profit Administration, or Business.
- Ten years demonstrated knowledge, skill, and competence in leading a human services organization.
- Ten years progressively responsible executive leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to understand challenges faced by a diverse human service organization
- Demonstrated understanding of the changing human services delivery system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, experience with, and competence in dealing with the Lutheran Church structures.
- A commitment to the accomplishment of the Organization’s mission.
- A commitment to and membership in a worshiping Nebraska Lutheran (ELCA or LCMS) congregation.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license and ability to travel and stay away overnight from home a minimum of eight evenings each month.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Durham Staffing Solutions