Our client is seeking an individual for a newly created Director role pertaining to Children’s Behavioral Health. This individual will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing the program. The ideal candidate will showcase entrepreneurial expertise and passion for mission driven work; coupled with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with diverse groups. If you are looking for a new opportunity to truly make a difference, this position is for you!
Department Leadership/Program Development:
- Work in collaboration with leadership to ensure consistency, alignment, and standardization of programming.
- Provide direction, leadership, and supervision of day-to-day operations of behavioral health programming.
- Ensure programming efficiency and effectiveness in staffing, processes, and organization.
- Assist with identifying, planning, and implementing new areas of growth and programming opportunities across competencies and regions.
- Directly supervise clinical supervisors and/or therapists, program managers, contracted staff, integrated staff, and other staff as assigned.
- Ensure appropriate clinical supervision as required.
- Assist in direct service provision.
- Work closely with leadership to identify areas of collaboration and assist with creating an action plan to accomplish teamwork.
- Assist with implementation of organization-wide management initiatives.
- Ensure good stewardship of resources.
- Assist with leading the implementation of the strategic planning process for Behavioral Health Services.
- Under direction of leadership, assist, write, and oversee grant proposals and contracts for new, current, or expanded Behavioral Health Services.
- In coordination and advisement of leadership, develop and maintain on-going positive relationships with key funding sources.
- Provide leadership and direction to the continual growth and improvement of services.
- Coordinate internship experiences and supervision as necessary.
Program and Funding Compliance:
- Ensure Behavioral Health Services quality and integrity of service delivery through continuous quality assurance and improvement practices.
- Oversee Behavioral Health Services compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations; including Medicaid and commercial insurance rules and regulations.
- Manage Behavioral Health Services requirements related to service delivery, contracting, licensure, and accreditation.
- Oversee implementation of COA standards pertinent to Behavioral Health Service programs and operations.
- Ensure compliance with terms of behavioral health contracts, subcontracts, grant funded program activities, and contract/grant expected outcomes including timely report submissions.
- Analyze and oversee Behavioral Health Services staffing patterns and assignments, including productivity and timely documentation requirements.
- Assist with development and implementation of Behavioral Health Services policies and procedures.
Financial Accountabilities & Performance Metrics:
- Ensure compliance with all program and funding requirements.
- Manage and monitor budgeted revenues and expenditures, as established in the annual budget.
- Assist with forecasting and reviewing financial trends that support the health and sustainability of the behavioral care settings.
- Complete reporting to funders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure productivity and Key Performance Indicators are being met; and if not met, improvement plans are developed and implemented.
- Respond in a timely manner to audit requests from funders or payers.
- Licensure as an Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP) or Clinical Social Worker in the State of Nebraska.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in children’s behavioral health services, with a minimum of three years direct service and three years supervisory experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in business or program development and implementation, or organizational management.
- Extensive knowledge of children and family behavioral health best practices. Demonstrated experience in leading children’s behavioral health programming is preferred.
- Proven experience in ability to lead staff in adjustment to organization, transformational change.
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork and collaboration, with tolerance during high stress situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with finance, budgeting, grant writing and contracting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and ability to travel on organization business.