Our client is seeking an Executive Officer to join their team. The Executive Officer will be responsible for all administration and management of the association, as well as assisting as needed with community and real estate industry matters.
- Work with volunteers on the development and implementation of the strategic vision, as developed by the board.
- Administer basic functions of the association, as determined by the Board of Directors. Implement and maintain policies and procedures that are in place for operations, financial management, budgeting and record-keeping, as drafted and recommended by other organizations (national and state associations, etc.).
- Implement programs and events, as directed by volunteers. Create and manage the internal organization of the association.
- Provide administrative support to association committees.
- Update governing documents and policies on a routine basis, to match the association's mission and manage goals.
- Ensure sufficient source of revenue is generated to administer the association at basic levels of service and ensure that basic level of reserves is available to support association operations.
- Develop a comprehensive budget with volunteer input and approval.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of office management skill, with ability to delegate or outsource as necessary.
- Ensure that administrative-oriented professional development opportunities are funded by the association.
- Responsible for all administration and management of the association, based on member needs; can act as an association spokesperson.
- Maintains internal and external communications systems and delivery vehicles focused on current industry information.
- Provide support to volunteers in their new-member recruitment and retention programs and provides new-member orientation based on programs at the local, state and national association levels.
- Maintain basic knowledge of professional standards complaints and processes, according to established policies and procedures.
- Offer or provide access to required and optional education programs (may outsource when necessary).
- Work with volunteer committees and staff to identify and analyze trends, from which member service decisions are made and industry issue initiatives are implemented.
- Plan and manage, with volunteers, networking and social opportunities to enhance members' career success and future needs.
- Administer day-to-day operations with clerical support and outside resources, if necessary; develop and maintain positive working relationships with association staff.
- Support leadership as they identify and recruit future leaders; work with volunteers to forge strong relationships.
- Develop positive relationships with local, state and national associations; attend local, regional, and/or state meetings with volunteer leadership.
- Work with an accounting firm and an attorney to support association operations, as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that the association, the volunteer leadership, and the Executive Officer are valued resources to leading brokers.
- Develop and implements special political-action fundraising efforts and grassroots mobilization efforts.
- Implement political awareness and fundraising plans, developed in collaboration with volunteer leadership and staff.
- Support state and national advocacy efforts and works with volunteers on issues advocacy at the association level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field; Master’s Degree in Business preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ Office Management experience, in conjunction with Executive Office experience.
- Proven expertise in streamlining processes and employing technology to do so.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and use time wisely.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
- Comprehensive knowledge utilizing Canva.
- Basic understanding of financial reports; QuickBooks skills preferred.
- Previous experience in electronic organization.
Durham Staffing Solutions