Our client is seeking to add an Area Director to their team. This individual will be responsible for planning, developing, and administrating community-based services. If you are seeking to utilize your managing and human service expertise to truly make a difference, this opportunity is for you!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with developing and managing area fiscal budget.
- Work to ensure accurate billing data for area; including by not limited to annual service authorizations and monthly attendance for all services provided.
- Build and foster a culture that:
- Empowers direct reports to think outside the box while meeting new challenges.
- Tempers high expectations for job performance with kindness.
- Holds people accountable with respect.
- Allows for transparent communication.
- Requires people to participate in projects and areas of need, regardless of job title.
- Foster creativity throughout area for growth, business development, and person-centered planning.
- Be visible to employees and all those receiving services, directly and indirectly. This visibility extends throughout all Area physical locations and all services provided.
- Maintain consistent lines of communication with Agency Director and Deputy Director.
- Promote a proactive approach when facing change.
- Actively participate in meeting goals set forth in the Agency Strategic Plan.
- Ensure Agency policies, procedures, and all State waiver regulations are followed.
- Create or participate in community and Agency events, at times, speaking publicly to groups large and small.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five years management experience in community-based services.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license, pass a driving record check. Additionally, depending on Agency needs, may be required to have an available automobile with required state insurance coverage for purposes of transporting persons in service.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite and all Agency required systems.
Durham Staffing Solutions