We’re on the hunt for a Business Analyst (or Product Analyst if you prefer that title) to join our team. This person will help our Development and QA Teams establish priorities, navigate product roadmaps and deliver real solutions back to our customers.
Maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for?
You’re that rare and special breed who speaks fluent nerd but also has a way with customers.
This is a job and a company where you are encouraged to let your geek flag fly and be your authentic self. We welcome your energy, enthusiasm, and the things you are passionate about.
In addition to being the voice of customers and stakeholders for our team, you also will have the chance to be a member of a learning-focused company that values the soft skills that make coming to work awesome: communication, listening, being supportive of your team members, empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, and how to high-five a co-worker while holding a fresh slice of pizza.
We value passion, creativity, sound agile practices, ownership and accountability, team collaboration, bad puns, and building up others to make our team better through teamwork and camaraderie.
If the idea of working with a great team gets your blood flowing, in an environment that embraces modern ideas on leadership, company culture, and team building — then maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for.
Summary and responsibilities
Tigerpaw is looking for a Business Analyst/Product Analyst to act as our newest
team member. This person will be responsible for:
- Understanding Tigerpaw products, clients and markets we serve
- Defining time-integrated product roadmaps based on current and future needs
- Working closely with customers to capture requirements, discussing requirements with key stakeholders, and prioritizing product features
- Being the voice of our customers and advocating key feature development in Tigerpaw products
- Analyzing business requirements and creating detailed functional user stories with acceptance criteria for our software development team
- Being the go-to person for Development and QA teams to clarify and explain business needs
- Being a core member of the agile team
Qualifications and core competencies
Think you’d be a good fit to join our Streak of Tigers? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 2 years or more of business analysis skills required
- Experience in agile software development required
- Obsessive focus on delighting customers with product features
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas, collect feedback and clearly define features for product development
- Experience with CRM, Marketing or SaaS platform preferred
- Experience with mobile and web applications preferred
- Experience with database technologies like SQL will be a big plus
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and tasks
Bonus! You identify with most or all of the following:
- You have a lifelong love of learning and you’re not afraid to try new things.
- You can laugh at your mistakes and learn from them.
- You can laugh at your team’s mistakes (with them; don’t be a jerk), and positively encourage them to continue to DO THE THING!
- You understand what it means to be part of a no-ego team and you like the idea of getting to work with other fun, productive professionals and multiple-disciplined thought leaders.
- You appreciate a good high-five from a teammate over a great idea or a completed project.
- You like the idea of trading in your blouses and blazers for wearing comic book, video game, or band shirts to work. (And you dig the idea of having a closet full of Tiger-themed work shirts — and yes, we have managed to create some that have a tiger wranglin’ a dragon on them.)
- You can take constructive criticism and feedback professionally and use it to help the team.
- You want to learn how to do things better and you enjoy when a teammate shows you a new technique, strategy, shortcut, or random meme.
- You like Star Trek or Star Wars. There is no right answer, but you should probably have an opinion on the matter.
- You are excited to help your team and coworkers, but you are also capable of handling your individual projects — and you are always focused on driving projects to completion and success.
- You think silos are incompatible in a modern workplace environment (read: they’re stupid) and you welcome the opportunity to work in a no-silo environment where you are encouraged to work and play across department lines, roles, and titles.
- You have an upbeat attitude and you genuinely want to enjoy working with your team.
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of passionate high-performers gets you excited. And the idea of being part of a modern workplace culture of empowered team members gets you pumped in a big way.
- You want to have fun, but also get $h!t done.
This position offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking company culture. You will be expected to dive in quickly, and you will have the backing and support of our entire team. (We may throw you into the deep-end of the pool, but we’ll give you metaphorical arm-floaty things.)
What are you waiting for? Let’s hear your Tiger roar! (That means apply if you think this sounds like a cool gig — and we promise, it is.)
This exciting full-time position will report to our Director of Development and Operations IT.
All offers of employment at Tigerpaw are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
CONTACT: Dan DeLuca firstname.lastname@example.org