Functions as a skilled-level technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with Woodhouse and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Follow the Woodhouse lug torque procedure.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to cleaning fluids, paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Follows established organizational procedures and health and safety policies
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Knowledge/Skills Required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of diesel engine systems
- High level of customer service
Equipment & Machines Used
Includes but not limited to a variety of hand, power and air tools, a torch, tire machine, hoist, fork lifts and air compressors.
Must be able to lift 50lbs to 100lbs independently (depending upon dealership/manufacturer). Must be able to move parts and boxes weighing between 5 and 50lbs up to 100 yards, up to 20 times per day.