Delivers and picks up parts and equipment for the dealership.
- Picks up and delivers parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
- Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, parts counter sales, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups, and requests recipient’s signature on each delivery entry.
- Unload trucks each night. Turns in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tanks with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Answer phone within the first three rings to address questions, concerns or assist internal or external customer.
- Follows established organizational procedures and health and safety policies
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving record.
Job Knowledge/Skills Required
- Strong follow-through skills
- Customer service skills
- High attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 40lbs independently. Must be able to load and unload delivery van - independently lift boxes weighing between 5 and 40lbs from ground level multiple times per day (up to 60 boxes per day).