Summary - Prepares, records and submits warranty claims to the factory and/or distributor and reconciles them accordingly.
Job Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes warranty claims in a timely manner for each franchise or distributor.
- Processes all warranty paperwork to ensure proper documentation.
- Verifies criteria required by factory or distributor.
- Reconciles all warranty receivables with payments through the appropriate accounting schedule.
- Posts credits on the computer.
- Resubmits all rejected claims promptly or receives authorization to write them off.
- Follows up on payment of outstanding claims.
- Files and maintains all service records as required by the warrantor.
- Keeps informed about all factory recalls and bulletins.
- Assists with body shop warranty claims as needed.
- Assists the cashier and telephone operator as needed.
- Assists with any clerical needs as directed by the fixed operations manager or the controller.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Preffered knowledge of automotive parts, vehicle mechanical operations and general accounting.
- Attend warranty training courses as needed – travel
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Knowledge/Skills Required
- Ability to operate a personal computer; knowledge of the databases and spreadsheet programs utilized.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to multi task and maintain organization of claims.
Equipment & Machines Used
Includes but not limited to a computer, fax machine, copier and telephone.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment; generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.