At Centris Federal Credit Union, our Vision is to be the place where everyone in our communities wants to work and belong. Simply said, our employees are our most valuable asset! We strive to motivate and develop our employees to reach their full potential and to achieve their career goals.
When you become an employee of Centris, you join a team that is dedicated to serving our members and community because we believe in the difference credit unions make to the community in which we live. We are currently seeking an experienced professional to assume this essential role on our team.
Open Position: Mortgage Underwriter (Government Loan Administrator)
A Mortgage Underwriter (Government Loan Administrator) evaluates credit risk and provides quality and timely underwriting of mortgage loans. They also will ensure compliance with all government loan requirements and prudent underwriting procedures. This includes but is not limited to Federal Housing Authority (FHA) and Veterans Association (VA) loans. Further, this person will assist the credit union with managing lending risk by evaluating financial condition of mortgage loan applications and ensuring all underwriting requirements are met.
If you want to belong to a company that values its employees, submit your application today to be considered in the first wave of applicants!
We envision that our ideal candidate will have the following work experience:
- Must have an Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, and/or additional related work experience.
- Must have three years experience reviewing credit applications and one to four unit property appraisals within a financial institution.
- Must be Direct Endorsement (DE) Certified.
- Must have the ability to work effectively independently and in a team.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with staff, vendors, financial institutions, and other business.
This is a salaried position. Typical hours will be Monday through Friday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, and as needed (+40 hours per week).