At Centris Federal Credit Union, our Vision is to be the place where everyone in our communities wants to work and to belong. Simply said, our employees are our most valuable asset! We strive to motivate and develop our employees to reach their full potential and to achieve their career goals.
When you become an employee of Centris, you join a team that is dedicated to serving our members and community because we believe in the difference credit unions make to the community in which we live.
We are currently seeking a professional to become an essential part of our team. If you want to belong to a company that values its employees, please submit your application for the position below!
- Promote and model the Centris Vision, Mission, Values and Team Principles.
- Provide unparalleled service to both internal and external members in accordance with the Centris Service Promises.
- Create and/or develop relationships with internal and external members, vendors and other parties.
- Serve the needs of members by thorough, effective management of the core system.
- Oversee, manage and maintain knowledge of Check Processing System.
- Manage and execute critical daily, monthly, and annual processes.
- Identify, schedule, and provide systems and software support for all applications.
- Provide assistance and backup support to the Technology Services department to serve members and ensure continuing operations. Support may include helpdesk coverage as well as on-call maintenance for hardware and software.
- Provide functional expertise to the organization to ensure well informed decisions, efficient work flow and effective transaction completion.
We envision our ideal candidate to have the following experience:
- Must have an Associate’s degree or certification in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and/or additional related work experience.
- Must have at least three years progressive experience in systems analysis and design, plus at least two years front office experience in a financial institution.
- IBM AIX and DB2 experience preferred.
This is a management position. Typical hours will be Monday through Friday between 8:30AM and 5:00PM, and as needed (+40 hours per week).