Do you enjoy being neat and tidy? Do you have experience as a housekeeper? An assisted living facility in the San Jose area has an immediate need for Housekeepers!!! In this position you will be working with a team to thoroughly clean and provide daily upkeep of the facility.
Evenings 4pm to 12:30 am. On-call and weekends on 5 week rotation.
Shift is 8a-4:30p Tues- Sat or Sun-Thu
The Housekeeper will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Observe residents’ ability to perform daily ADL’s and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member.
- Cleans occupied resident apartments, including bathrooms, living areas, and bedrooms, according to weekly schedule or more often if needed.
- Maintains apartments in a safe, comfortable, and attractive manner, keeping residents’ personal items secure.
- Prepares apartments for move-ins as assigned.
- Ensures common areas, including restrooms and elevators, are cleaned and presentable to prescribed sanitary standards on a scheduled basis and as needed.
- Maintains safety and comfortability in main common areas.
- Reports needed supplies to the appropriate designee.
- Coordinates housekeeping services with other departments.
- Listens and respond to residents’ queries and requests.
- Notifies manager of any hazardous issues, change in residence status, and other situations that would warrant attention.
- Ensures equipment and supply carts are properly maintained and stored and that storage areas are kept clean and safe.
- Follows community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions, unsafe equipment, or maintenance issues.
- Utilizes cleaning chemicals properly and safely in accordance with product instructions and department guidelines
- Maintains a positive demeanor towards residents and guests, respecting individual confidentiality, dignity, and rights.
Duties and Responsibilities of the job
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally, up to 20 pounds frequently
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting, bending, extending and reaching for periods up to eight (8) hours
- 1-2 years of housekeeping experience in a similar environment preferred.
- Experience working with seniors helpful.
- Experience working in a customer service-focused environment.
- Able to communicate in written and spoken English.
- Comfortable working in an environment with pets including, but not limited to dogs, cats, and birds.
- Willing to demonstrate passion and ability to work with people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related diseases.
- Able to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days where required.
- Able to meet standard requirements such as background checks, drug screening, physical, and TB testing where required.
- Blood-borne pathogen training.
- Minimum 18 years of age or proper work permit
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively
- Sufficient literacy skills to read safety labels, written procedures and to otherwise fulfill the Essential
Interested??? Take one of the next following steps to apply today!
1) For more information please call AurStaff at 402-895-4422
2) Email your resume to email@example.com
3) Click the link below to apply